CARF AccreditationCarmichael Enterprises Residential Programs Ltd was awarded a three-year accreditation through CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) in community services, community living services, and respite services.
CARF also awarded the company exemplary conformance on areas related to Individualized services and individualized service plans which is very rare for a first time surveyed organization. This accreditation outcome represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization a CARF hows the organization's substantial conformance to the standards established by CARF. An organization receiving a three-year accreditation has put itself through a rigorous peer review process and has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit that its program and services are the highest quality, measurable and accountable.
About CarfThe Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
CARF's mission, vision, core values, and purposes:
The mission of CARF is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process that centres on enhancing the lives of the persons served.
Through responsiveness to a dynamic and diverse environment, CARF serves as a catalyst for improving the quality of life of the persons served by CARF-accredited organizations and the programs and services they provide.
CARF believes in the following core values:
- All people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people should have access to needed services that achieve optimum outcomes.
- All people should be empowered to exercise informed choice.
- The continuous improvement of both organizational management and service delivery.
- Diversity and cultural competence in all CARF activities and associations.
- Enhancing the involvement of consumers in all of CARF's activities.
- Consumers of services being active participants in the development and application of standards for accreditation.
- Enhancing the meaning, value, and relevance of accreditation to consumers of services.
In support of CARF's mission, vision, and core values, CARF's purposes are:
- To develop and maintain current, field-driven standards that improve the value and responsiveness of the programs and services delivered to people in need of rehabilitation and other life enhancement services.
- To recognize organizations that achieve accreditation through a consultative peer-review process and demonstrate their commitment to the continuous improvement of their programs and services with a focus on the needs and outcomes of the persons served.
- To conduct accreditation research emphasizing outcomes measurement and management, and to provide information on common program strengths as well as areas needing improvement.
- To provide consultation, education, training, and publications that support organizations in achieving and maintaining accreditation of their programs and services.
- To provide information and education to consumers and other stakeholders on the value of accreditation.
- To seek input and to be responsive to consumers and other stakeholders.